"Many daughters have done well, but you excel them all." Proverbs 31:29
"...that our daughters may be as pillars, sculptured in palace style." Psalm 144:12
"Sissy Mom" is what our youngest daughter calls our oldest daughter and now we all call her by that nickname. Sissy Mom recently had a birthday and we celebrated last weekend with a luau-themed party.
Little Mama helped frost the cake and I made Sissy Mom's requested dish of Pineapple Chicken over brown rice for dinner. It was a wonderful time of thanksgiving and celebration for the gift of our oldest daughter. She has been a blessing to this family in many ways. There were special music selections performed by Nana and Papa, Birthday Speeches, and of course many gifts from folks near and far. For those who are new to this blog, Birthday Speeches are a way to build up and encourage the birthday person. Everyone attending the party gives a "speech" about the birthday person--what they appreciate about them, a fond or funny memory of them, a scripture to encourage them, etc. The birthday person sits in a special chair at the front of the room and wears a cape or crown to receive their speeches. The funniest moment of the evening was when Little Mama announced to Nana that we were going to have a new baby. Nana said that she had heard that and asked Little Mama what she thought about it. "Well," said Little Mama, "I think it will be a boy or a girl!"
Below are some pictures from the party.
 |
| Dressed and ready for the party |
 |
| Sissy Mom and Little Mama setting the table |
 |
Dad's Birthday Speech
|
 |
| Papa's speech |
 |
| Nana plays a special musical piece |
 |
| Papa plays "Happy Birthday" |
 |
| Blowing out the candles |
 |
| Cranberry Orange cake! |
 |
| Gifts galore! |
ooh that cake certainly looks good! I like the idea of the birthday speeches...I might have to borrow it.
ReplyDeleteIt's the first time I've ever made this cake but it turned out well. If I must say so myself, it was delicious!
ReplyDelete