April 16, 2012

In the Kitchen (Sticky Slow Cooker Chicken)

I love slow cooker recipes for a number of reasons: on busy days it means that dinner will be waiting for us when we return home, dinnertime is more flexible, and the kitchen doesn't get too hot in the summer, to name a few. 
I picked up this recipe from my dear blog-friend Trisha.   The crumpled foil in the bottom of the slow cooker keeps the chicken from sitting in the drippings.  The nice thing about this recipe is that you can change the spices up to make any variety of chicken you'd like.  And as Trisha mentioned, this chicken is fall-off-the-bone tender and oh, so delicious!

What you'll need:
  • Enough crumpled foil to cover the bottom of your slow cooker
  • family pack of drumsticks (usually about 13 legs)
  • 1 T. paprika
  • 2 t. chili powder
  • 2 t. salt (I like to use Herbamare herb seasoning salt)
  • 2 t. onion powder
  • 1 t. garlic powder
  • 2 t. spices of your choice ( I use an Italian blend of spices)
Place the crumpled foil into the bottom of the slow cooker.  Combine all spices and salt in a small bowl.  Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry.  Rub spice mixture into chicken (be sure to get some under the skin too!) and place in the slow cooker on top of foil.












Cover and cook on low for 8-12 hours.  The longer the better.


Mmmmm, mmmmm.  You'll need a few extra napkins for this meal.  Enjoy and remember Romans 14:17!

2 comments:

  1. Charlene,
    I'm so glad you enjoyed this recipe! Easy and tasty. :) And thanks for the tip about the Herbamare seasoning salt. Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...