"There were present at that season some who told Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilot had mingled with their sacrifices. And Jesus answered and said to them, 'Do you suppose that these Galileans were worse sinners than all other Galileans, because they suffered such things? I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish. Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were worse sinners than all other men who dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.'"
Luke 13:1-5
"Then Job arose, tore his robe, and shaved his head; and he fell to the ground and worshiped. And he said: 'Naked I came form my mother's womb, and naked shall I return there. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord.' In all this Job did not sin nor charge God with wrong."
Job 1:20-22
It is amazing, the power of water. The earth moves and the water responds with a level of power that no man can stand against. If these are merely the elements that God created, then who will stand in His Judgment without the righteousness of Christ to cover them? This could easily have come to us. May we know our own fragility. That we are dust. That God is God and we are not. And may we be instruments of His mercy to Japan.
John Piper offered a tremendous prayer for Japan. I would encourage all to read his prayer here.
No comments:
Post a Comment