June 26, 2011

It is Finished!

John 19:30

       These were the last words of Jesus on the cross.  His work was finished.  The price for sin had been paid.  The will of the Father accomplished.  Three days later, the proof of the acceptance of that payment was given when the Son of God was resurrected.  Whereas the saints of old looked to and trusted in a work that was yet to be finished, we can turn to and trust in a work that is already finished and receive forgiveness of sins.
       This declaration of Jesus is a FAR better and greater declaration than I am about to make, that's for sure.  But here goes: Tom (by the grace of God) has finished the upstairs bathroom!  Mostly.  (Didn't I say Jesus' declaration was better?)  He put in a new floor, toilet, and vanity so it's fully functional for when the baby is born.  For this I am very grateful since the upstairs is where I will be recovering.  In a house this old there are so many issues to work around when remodeling anything!  Getting this done was practically a miracle considering the total work load Tom is carrying as the provider of our family.  All that is left is some cosmetic work on the tub and shower that can be done at a later date.  We are now waiting on baby number 5 to make his appearance any day now...

The upstairs bath "before":



And the "after" pictures:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...