The perfect, never fail biscuit recipe. I was never able to successfully make biscuits until this recipe. I've made these many, many times and they come out great every time. I found the recipe for J.P.'s Big Daddy Biscuits at my favorite recipe place, All Recipes, and for once, I didn't tweak a single thing.
Here's what you'll need for big, flaky biscuits (we double this recipe for breakfast):
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 T. baking powder
1 t. salt
1 T. sugar
1/3 cup shortening (5 T. shortening)
1 cup cold milk
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
Whisk the dry ingredients together in large bowl.
Cut in the shortening with a pastry cutter or fork until your mixture resembles coarse meal.
Gradually add the milk until the dough pulls away from the side of the bowl.
Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead 15-20 times. Add flour as needed for stickiness.
Roll (or press) out to about 1" thickness.
Give a cute little child a cup or biscuit cutter to cut out your biscuits.
Place them on an ungreased baking sheet. Using a sheet with sides and placing the biscuits close to one another will help them rise higher when they bake.
Bake 13-15 minutes in your preheated oven or until the edges begin to brown.
Be sure to have plenty of real butter and jam on hand to smother these beauties when they come out of the oven! Enjoy and remember Romans 14:17!
No comments:
Post a Comment